Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Let It Shine

Yippee!!! I've got to praise HIM. Ethel can have a reverse colostomy. It means no more bags, no more paste, and bowel movements like the human race. In honor of this happy news we went to a garden center to get our dose of flowers. Wow it's like Mother Nature just dropped a whole bunch of beauty in the middle of urban sprawl. Ethel is totally in her element.

The natives are friendly. It was great to watch to random strangers commiserate about what to plant as a border around their respective homes. I was surprised to see the number of flowers that were in a section marked sold and waiting for pickup.
I saw some gorgeous trees that I would have loved to have taken with me. It's a times like these that I wish I had a SUV. But I'm happy with the newest addition to my plant family. It's an early birthday gift from Ethel. Yes a magic number is coming up for me. For some reason I don't have the gloom and doom that usually comes with aging. Most likely I will be spending my day volunteering somewhere. It's a great way to celebrate life and be private about it.

When did Wednesday night TV begin to suck so bad? Or has this always been the case?
Here's a ironic moment. While I was watching Kinsey, I was attaching chapter tabs to my Bible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home