Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Being Good Isn't Always Easy

Unbeknownst to me Fred had what is now known as a hypoglycemic attack at 4am. In diabetese, it means your sugar level is too low. Think of the beauty parlor scene in "Steel Magnolias" when Shelby has one while Truvy is doing her hair on her wedding day. He said he didn't want to wake me up. God bless him. He won't bother me for this but has no problem knocking on the door to quiz me about what was on the Hit Parade in the Motherland back in 1952. Luckily we were able to get an appointment. There I had my piece of humble pie served to me by the doctor.

Ethel and Fred had their own turns in the hot seat. At one point it felt like I was tag teaming patients. While I was settling one in the waiting room, I had to get another in to one of the other rooms. There's new technology out now to help them with their sleep apnea. No more face masks. Woo hoo! The latest models are the type where the oxygen can go up your nose and not with the rubber hose.(A piece of Welcome Back Kotter humor for ya)Sometimes modern medicine amazes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home