Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I Thought You Should Know

It's been awhile since I've updated. Well it felt that way to me. I've done yoga three days in a row. I didn't add cardio today because I have a tendency to hyperfocus whenever I start a new project. I'd like this new routine to stick around for more than a month. I heard that microtears add up if you're not careful. Yeah, that's the last thing I need to have go south.

Local news reported that Star Jones is officially gone from "The View". Her contract wasn't renewed by ABC and was expected to finish the end of her current contract. Frankly, it was inevitable. It makes sense she was disrespected by ABC powers that be. She lost her status on the panel because she was no longer fat AND single.
OMG how dare she alienate a portion of "The View" demographic.(sic)It sucks to be her right now. But I'm a firm believer for every door that closes God opens another. I couldn't imagine what it must be like to put on a straight face every morning with people who knew you got the shaft before you did. As well,she looked out for herself in a business that's well known for chewing you up and spitting you out in under a minute.

I hope she goes the way of Lisa Ling instead of Debbie Matenopoulos. Jones' law degree and her past accomplishments will carry her far. I've never really been an active watcher of "The View" because it felt like a mini-version of Cosmopolitan and Good Housekeeping. Catering to the lowest denominator might bring in ratings but it insults intelligent women who are more than what some suits assume they are. I would love a tv program that was a spinoff of Bust or Bitch. TV programming is sorely lacking in intelligence. I'm not saying that there isn't a time or a place for things like South Park but not 24/7. There's a reason why people of my generation and older were able to relate to certain tv viewing moments before the vcr and tivo. It was only on at a certain time of the week and if you missed it, too bad.

Although I do love that there are boxed sets of tv programs. There are many programs on my wish list. Sony get your butts in gear. Just go ahead and pay Linda Bloodworth what she's worth and get Designing Women in a boxed set.

Dear Shonda Rhimes, Please get season two out on dvd as soon as possible. I know airing it on Thursdays wasn't your idea but give me something to go on for the summer and beyond. Most Thursday nights will be spent in a classroom.

In other news, B.J. and I are getting along rather well. We had a long talk over the weekend. Apparently, the relatives near and far are chiming in about the relocation. It would have been so easy to get on the guilt bus with everyone else. I guess the daily spiritual readings are paying off. It's not like he's running away from something. He's going to somewhere better for himself and his family. In the end that's all that matters.

Laundry is such a pita when it takes up the entire day. Good grief where did the month go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home