Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

What's Your Price For Flight?

Last night freaked me out. I could not go to sleep. I had pains in the center of my chest. If I had the tingly left arm, I knew I was screwed big time. Every time I tried to lay down to go to sleep it felt like a heavy weight was pressing down on me. I tried to remember everything I ate that day. There was no excessive lifting on my part.

Then I remembered that scene from "You Can't Take It With You".In the twenties and thirties, it was very popular cure to drink a bi-carbonate of soda. There were even flavors too. I went to the fridge and followed the instructions. I swear if that didn't work I was all set to let my fingers do the walking. I was afraid of even getting up because I thought that I'd kiss the floor from passing out. All that kept racing through my mind was that without health insurance I'd owe my soul to the hospital. Their outrages prices really aren't their fault. Insurance companies have butted their opinions where they have no right being. Unless the insurance powers that be have gone to medical school, then they need to have a big glass of shut the hell up.

Job searching has been a pain the ass. I'm either underqualified for the jobs I want or there's a must be bilingual in Spanish attached to the job description. Oh well gotta roll with the changes. I finally finished "Devil in the White City". Wow, what a great read! Historical books have always been a passion of mine. Let's face it. I'm a bibliophile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home