Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Shine the light

Well, well, the truth is told. It was another war of the words with B.J. and Minnie. She's pissed off because we went to the movies. Keep in mind she met with everyone else to go to the Old Town Art Fair and did bother to invite me. She shouldn't yell at B.J. just because he wants to compensate for her snubbing me. Yes, keel over and faint I'm defending B.J. Part of me wants to tell her to shove her offer somewhere of doing mock interviews with me but I need the practice.

Yes Easy Readers, yours truly has a job interview coming up. When the call came in I was driving and freaked out trying to find a place to pull over. I finally found a parking lot and returned the call. The initial salary offer was low and after I went to salary.com I got mad. According to their estimations, I was low-balled big time. But as in any situation I'm going in with a open mind. The call was quite providential. I was on my way to register for a summer school cours when my cell phone started ringing while en route. I could find anywhere to stop until I reached a parking lot to call them back. Oh well there's always next semester.

The movie in question was "The Omen". I know, how did scairdy cat me end up in a gives-you-nightmares kind of film? I'd like to give a shout out to the girl in the row behind me who screamed during the gory scenes. Not only did it add to the scariness in the cinema experience, it also helped to know when to cover my eyes for it. I'm no fool. However I did appreciate the closeup shots of the ceilings. Wow, I had no idea that the Colusseum had taken such a beating from the pollution in Italy. It's really rather sad. I hope to get there someday before it bites the dust. I would have rather seen "A Prairie Home Companion". I'm a total NPR nut. I love that Guy Noir is played by Kevin Kline. He's such a versatile actor. He did such a fantastic job in "DeLovely" with Ashley Judd.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home