Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Tell Me What's Your Zodiac Sign?

Two in a row. I am indeed blessed by the best!

It's always great to see Uncle Nick and Aunt Nora when they come to town. They bring such good vibes with them. Everyone is one their best behavior. Not any of the usual underlying subtle digs. I really wished Zach could have come out but he's still contagious from the latest TinyTot virus.

In honor of the occassion,Fred made sure we picked up dessert because after all there are no decent bakeries in the sub terranean suburbs where the family event was staged for this evening. We were short a third of the usual number. Some people had work schedule conflict. Then there's Aunt Imogene who just doesn't want to deal at all so she stopped by earlier in the afternoon. It wasn't that much of a shock when her kids were no shows. Their loss.

I could go on and gush on how well everything went. For once my nails and toenails were painted for a family event. Having the extended family behave like decent human beings was the best gift I could ever had gotten. Somehow I felt that Aunt Violet and Grandma StarlaAnn were looking over us. The moon was out early tonight. The drive home was better than the drive there. Even though I didn't make a wish yet I'm sure I'll use it when the time is right.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you're still listening to The Stan and Terry Show.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home