Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Friday, June 23, 2006

Let's Get Physical

First off, get your mind out of the gutter. No, I did not get lucky with some random guy. Instead this morning I did yoga. Then after dinner I did some aerobics. I know I'm just as stunned as you are at the magnitude of the events. I was lucky to pick up a yoga tape that was body gentle to larger people. Some of the mistake purchases of other yoga tapes are much more advanced and for the limber. But they're labeled for beginners. Putting that kind of label on a exercise tape is just wrong. Instead of beginner there should be an additional label of whether the person about to attempt this has been active or inactive. It's not enough for there to be a disclaimer that the production company and the performers are absolved of litigation in case you hurt yourself. I liked this yoga tape because I was able to get through the entire tape without my body thinking, "what the heck are you thinking doing this to us?" Nah that response was when I reentered the world of cardio vascular aerobics.

In case you're wondering I had purchased "The Firm" series three years ago. When they advertise that you'll change your shape after 8 workouts, they're not kidding. I was only able to keep up for 25 minutes. The sweat was pouring down my face like a waterfall. I loved that they had a very modified alternative for beginners. In addition, they highly reccommend that you NOT use weights if it's your first time following the program. I was very impressed by the strength of the plastic steps. There's a part of the workout where you have to literally sit on the edge of steps for certain exercises. I couldn't believe it held my weight. I thought for sure my body weight would cause the steps to crack and for me to land straight on my ass shaking the foundation of the building or at least pissing off my neighbor.

I just felt it was time to finally do something. It also helped that I had cleared enough clutter that there was space enough for me to move. Even though I didn't get endorphins, I'm hoping for a energy boost. These four o'clock urges to nap has gotten on my nerves. It's not a new thing. For years, at that time of the day,my body is like, "hey I don't care, you need to stop and nap." Of course I didn't have the opportunity to that when I was working out in the world. To compensate my lethargicness, it would be s chocolate bar or a pop to the rescue. My body has had enough corn syrup to last until the end of time.

Another thing, that made me giggle was a story told by Fred. B.J. told him that Lynnie and Grandma Hanna were quite verbal in front of Zach. He told them,"Stop it. You're too loud." Well, I wonder what Minnie will say to that bit of news. Loudmouths run in her family too. The subject of the fight was that Lynnie was hitting up Hanna for some cash. Hanna told her no way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home