Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

God Bless America

Happy 4th of July my Easy Readers!!!

I'm working on a cross-stitch sampler with a Americana theme. I had hoped to have it finished by today but it didn't happen. I will post the finished product as soon as it's finished.

Chicago is one of the rare places in the country where we celebrate with fireworks on July 3rd and July 4th. It cracked me up when local news would list the dates and times for suburban fireworks if you weren't brave enough to battle the crowds downtown to cop a squat in Grant Park. What time is dusk anyway? Just list a time. Dusk can mean different time times to different people. Last night I had a great time. I went to a suburban party and we were close enough to take advantage of the local fireworks display nearby. This is totally the way to do it. I met some new people. I picked up on what other towns were doing today.

Apparently, the town of Wheeling has quite a supply of cash set aside for their 4th's festivities. This year's special guest is Davey Jones of the Monkees. B.J. and I love The Monkees music. I still say they should be included in the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame as an exhibit. I base this on the fact that if Ricky Nelson can be included they should be recognized as well. Don Kirschner was the musical producer. Neil Diamond wrote some of their songs. Their following was a American TV execs response to The Beatles.

It sucks that the mall is open today. Anyone who goes to the mall today should be ashamed of themselves. These people have families and other places they'd rather be instead of selling you something that you don't need or want. Our forefathers didn't not fight on battlefields so mega corporations could be open today. It's a total disrespect about what this holiday is all about. While I'm on the subject of disrespect.

Gov. B. and your media planner,

Your local tv commercials are doing nothing to help your cause for reelection. They're annoying and working my last nerve. We've all caught the big clue that you don't like Judy Baar Topinka. That's not a big secret. You think that if you point out obvious mistakes of her that will help you. Dude it's totally backfiring. Here's why. The person who did the voice overs sounds whiny and stupid. If you're plan is to tick off your constituents so they'll vote for her, continue with these ads. Do us all a favor and hire someone else. Focus on the issues. Quit doing things for the easy photo-op and do the job you were elected to do. While you're at it, keep your promises. That will go far more than the waste of airspace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home