Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Oh Baby So Tired

Blah. It's a noun, verb, and a adjective for today. I'm off my regular routine. I'm cranky because the things I wanted to do I can't. My moxie has decided to go underground. With alot of places being closed on Monday for the big holiday, it seems pointless to bust my ass today. Most people are out of town or on their way to somewhere else to escape the oppressive humidity. It was just awful yesterday. I spent most it mobile in the car.

To the big assholes who decided to shoot off fireworks last night. I hope you have to look after children someday when someone else decides to recreate the Taste of Chicago Fireworks extravanganza in your neighborhood. Do you have any idea how many amateurs idiots and small children will end up in America's emergency rooms? Leave it to people who earn a paycheck to do this type of work. It's always funny until someone gets hurt. At least I'm smart enough to stay away from the grocery stores.

This is so cool. I finally figured out how to fix some things. It's always good when I can learn something new. I'm biting the bullet and looking for gigs in the retail sector. It's not what I'd like to be doing but lack of health insurance scares me. When I'm afraid to try a new yoga pose all I keep thinking is how much a trip to the emergency room would cost me. I know feel the fear but do it anyway. There are several poses I'm modifying until my body decides to shrinkydink.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:34 AM, Blogger The Humanity Critic said…

    I feel you.. I almost had to beat the neighborhiid kids to a pulp when those crumbsnatching bastards lit off fireworks the entire night..lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home