Modern Day Spinster

The expected definition of a spinster is to just be a single and never married woman. If it were only that simple. I am a daughter, sister, auntie, friend, babysitter, alumna, artist, writer, diva, comedienne, bitch, caregiver, confidante, adviser, stylist, cheerleader, singer, dancer, activist, referee, sinner, saint, lover and occassional dater. Watch as I try to balance multiple spinning plates of relationships, responsibiilities, and reactions to life.

Monday, July 10, 2006

Day After Day I'm More Confused

Oh yeah, yours truly has been busy. If it's not a trip to a doctor,it was for B.J. or something else. For example, B.J. and I help put Johnny Depp's daughter through college by going to see Pirates of the Caribbean on opening day. If you want a movie to succeed, it's crucial that you see it the first weekend that it's out or else it can move to DVDland very quickly. Word on the street is that Robert Redford is eyeing some West Side property for a moviehouse to show films that were at Sundance. Here's a thought. Why not help and preserve The MusicBox, a Chicago institution known for showing non-mainstream films.

DP added to the lowering of the sense of entitlement generation IQ recently. During a conversation the recent passing of Kenneth Lay was brought up, she drew a total blank. No clue whatsoever. "Like who's that?" OMFG! You brag about how you work in Corporate America and have all of its' trappings. In reality they were brought to you by your parents and Minnie helps you do your homework. Do yourself a favor and don't tell anyone you work in business. I have no clue how B.J and Minnie were able to keep a straight face throughout the conversation.

B.J. and I have had some deep conversations as of late. He's been trying to convince to get a job in the coven state. According to him any job is a paycheck.I thought about it and then I got my sign. I was in My Sister's Closet and found art supplies at a great price. They almost rarely carry them. Thank you Lord I needed that. It confirmed that there's no way I'm turning away from my goals. I made that mistake once before and won't be fooled again.

It was great we drove around the city to see the sites. He said,"You could tell who doesn't have to work tomorrow". I appreciated the drive though. I was surprised that certain businesses didn't make it but I was thrilled at others that are still around. B.J. didn't want to head into The Green Mill because he thought the neighborhood was too seedy. Puhhhlease. Yeah like the Mag Mile doesn't have it's share of whackjobs in the form of tourists. I don't care what he says, I still love me some Green Mill.

I did hit kind of a slump of sorts. I find out tonight that some guy I graduated from high school with is now a national sales manager. Yet I'm still here. Oh sure this guy was a total weasel back then. This makes total fucking sense. Swell some idiot still hasn't used up his fireworks. Good grief.

I've tried to decompress from what's been going on around me but to no avail. This week will be just as full of commitments. Such is life I guess. Wow this Dr. Pepper has really given me the oomph I needed. I so have to crank on some stuff this week. Is it really only Monday?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home